Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the square spaghetti.... a summer time treat...

I love to cook, and mix and match new things to amke something jsut a little bit yummier... So i made my summer spaghetti with just a little twist...

I used linguine as my daughter say the square spaghetti!

I tossed in 3  med sixed sections cloves of garlic and 2 big chunks of oninon... ummm into the boiling water

Here is my normal 5 cup veggie spaghetti recipe:

1 large zuchinni ( all veggies arechopped or pulsed for little ones)
1 large squash
1 onion
5 sections of garlic clove\
2 handfuls of sliced mushrooms (ummm)
1/2 of a green, yellow and red peper
1 handfull of halfed cherry tomatos (red or yellow)
1 or 1/2 pound of turkey
2 tsp of olive oil
salt peper or mrs. dash!

Put your meat on first! drizzle the bottom of you pan with the olive oil.
as you meat cooks on medium heat chop chop chop your veggies ( I do this once every two weeks and just store it in the freezer i usually make 2 gallon bags of chopped veggies for meal from  meat loaf to cassorole.)

Drain you meat and add 1/2 cup of water to steam you veggies into the pan make a circle of the meat ot a veggie pit and add in all in and cover for 10 -15 minutes. you can add a little oil so it doesn't stick just in case but my metal pan is usuall fine.

Here are the results: I didn't get a shot of it on a plate or all mixed toghet but we loved it enought to share it.






No comments:

Post a Comment