Saturday, August 20, 2011

Up- cycling : reusing your own clothing to make new things.

After buy felt for sevral weeks only to find that my byrd had taken to cutting it into her little versions of heart people and flowers I decided to upcycle not recycle since they where already my items. Earlier in the summer, I had created some cute little bahama capri's for my little on. (See later post) and still had the cuttings. Yes I STILL HAD them quilter habit mostly even thought I am not quilter. you never know when an idea may strike you and you need some scraps uh uh umm... I mean upcycled fabric. It is not only stylish, environmental and creative it also saves the landfils, your back from having to lift a heavy trash bin full of fabric and it also give something old a new use.

So as I created my bow I decided to use the jean bottoms and to cut them into circles instead of my regular felt backing as it was in scraps of cut little mishappen people on my living room floor. I have to remind myself to hide those saftey siccsors.

So here is a photo of my upupcycled backing looks like:

 And here is the bow that is is attached to... A kstate bow. Preppy and Cute with a little upcycled jean backing. I think it adds to the charm of the bow. But hey that is me. ... What have you up cycled send me a pic or a story!
Visit my website for more items some with upcycled back some without.

No comments:

Post a Comment