Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Petal Hat ....1st Attempt

I saw this cute little petal hat and decided to make my own.

What you will need:
30-45 Minutes for you first one and less as you get better
1 single infant hat
1-2 Hydrangea plants (Hobby Lobby)
8 Glue Stick
5 Rhinestones
1 lint roller(sticky paper kind) optional.


I started with a Gerber infant hat in pink . Then I shopped and shopped for the perfect petal hydrangea's at my local hobby lobby. They where half off so I bought 2 big hot pink and yellow tone ones.

I stretched the hat a little and decided to put her on my daughter DORA THE SWIMMER DOLL. (Thank Byrdie for letting me borrow you bff)

I stripped the flowers off to ready them for there new home. and then began...

I added each petal one on top of the other in a row and slowly turned the hat as i went. I filled in all the areas that seem to need a one or tow more petals and then I went onto add some layers of petals in the front and on the seam lines to make the hat full. I also turned the hat on Dora head(Her head was shaped like a cone and she has a lot of hair.) So here are the results.




***Note: I have read and seen blogs and etc that want to secure the petal via sewing. I would advise if you use this method you know that it can pose a hazard to a child who is able to reach up and pull the petals off. Please monitor and older child wearing one of these. This one is going to be used for a small infant along with a butt cover to be add later.



~Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment